When you need to use a transport service, there are a wide range of options available to you. Ride-share companies such as Uber and private limousine companies are among the options that you’ll need to choose from.
One thing that you need to keep in mind is that both options offer different benefits and drawbacks, but one of them is obviously the better choice. To help you in making an informed decision, we highlight some of the pros and cons of each type of service.
Advantages of Ride-Share Service
- Convenient: One of the biggest advantages of ride-share service is the convenience that it offers. Ride-share company drivers are plentiful and can easily be accessed through the respective company apps regardless of the time of the day.
In any major city, the ride-share drivers will always be in the vicinity. There is no pre-planning involved for the driver or customer.
- Affordable: When you are traveling, using a ride-share company may be much more economical than renting a car. With a ride-share company such as Uber, you only need to pay for transportation when you are going to use it, and you don’t have to pay any parking fee.
A ride-share app can also help streamline your travel plans by eliminating the time spent standing in a queue waiting to board a vehicle.
Disadvantages of Ride-Share Service
- No Regulations: This is the biggest disadvantage of using ride-share apps. The industry is largely unshared and unregulated. There are no industry standards since each company has its own rules and regulations.
The rules and requirements of drivers may also differ from province to province. In case of anything, you don’t know where to report and how to handle it.
- You Ride with Strangers: When you decide to ride in a car operated by a ride-share driver, you need to be extra careful. The reality is that you are riding with a stranger and you don’t know if he/she has any ill-motive intentions.
The moment you step into the vehicle, make sure that you tell someone else where you are headed to and that you are using a ride-share company. This is an essential safety tip that can save you big time.
Advantages of Private Drivers
- Comfort: Limo companies have some of the most luxurious vehicles that you won’t find anywhere else. Regardless of your occasion, you can be sure that you will arrive in style.
Larger limousines can accommodate large groups of people to save you money and make everyone feel good.
- Safety: With a limousine and a private driver, safety is guaranteed. Most limo companies ensure that their fleet of cars is updated every two or three years.
Limousine chauffeurs are experienced drivers, and they also receive expert driving and customer care services.
Limousine chauffeurs also receive thorough training on how to handle various emergencies to help ensure their own safety and the safety of passengers.
- Convenient: When you hire a limousine service, you can be sure that your chauffeur will be there to pick you on time and ensure that you arrive at your destination on time as well.
Hiring a private limo gives the much-needed peace of mind knowing how you are going to travel from one place to another.
- Professionalism: All limousine chauffeurs are registered and licensed. They have excellent interpersonal skills and know how to communicate with various clients.
Private Driver Cons
The only drawback of using a private limousine service is that you must plan and schedule your pick up. You need to make sure that you call the limo company ahead of time to schedule your trip which isn’t a disadvantage in itself since it ensures that you get excellent service.